What Types of Math Assistance Can Be Found Online?
Math is a challenging subject for many students these days. For some, it comes very naturally while for others it can cause nothing but headaches. Math is a subject in which one concept builds upon another; if you miss a concept then you are automatically put behind and it can be difficult to recover from that. Traditional avenues for getting help in math include going to the college math tutoring center where fellow students can sit and help you work through problems. Students can also hire private tutors to help them or simply ask the instructor for extra one-on-one time.
But what about the students who have busy schedules and do not necessarily have the time to meet with someone? Or the students who completely forgot about their math assignment to begin with and end up doing it in the middle of the night with just hours to spare? Where do they go for homework help?
Online Math Resources
Luckily, the latter set of students does have options as well for getting math homework help. The great thing about the internet is that the answers are just a click away. Here are some of the types of math assistance you can get online:
- Free math tutors available 24/7- These tutors are online waiting to answer your math questions. Simply pick a site you like and initiate a chat with a tutor. If the problem is not complex, they will help you work it out for free.
- Problem-solving sites- These sites are very straightforward; you put in the information to the problem and you get the answer instantly. Use these sites responsibly. In other words, do not rely on them to simply get your homework done; you will be in trouble come test time if you have no working knowledge of the concepts. Instead, use these sites as homework checks to make sure you have the correct answers.
- Freelance tutors- There are a few freelance platforms where you can hire a tutor for the entire semester for more difficult classes. The nice thing here is that you get to hand-pick your tutor.
- Tutor membership sites- They work the same as if you hired a freelance tutor, except that you do not pick the tutor.
- Worksheets- if you feel you need extra practice, go to a site that has free problems.